Grilled Tomato Caprese Salad
Transform a summertime classic – tomato caprese – into a sweet, smoky, grilled appetizer or main dish. Get seasoned tomato “steaks” on the grill and stack ‘em with fresh mozzarella. A generous drizzle of basil oil elevates this caprese to an epic level of satisfying, robust flavour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Club House La Grille Montreal Steak Spice Seasoning, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Basil Leaves
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground Mustard
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 3 slices each
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz/225 g)
Mix 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil, vinegar, 1 tsp (5 mL) seasoning, basil and mustard in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Brush tomatoes lightly with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tsp (15 mL) seasoning.
Grill tomatoes on one side over high heat 3 to 4 minutes. Turn; grill 2 minutes longer. Top tomatoes with slices of mozzarella cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or just until cheese is melted.
Place tomatoes on serving platter. Whisk balsamic dressing; drizzle over tomatoes and mozzarella.