Grilled Salmon with Peppered Soy Glaze
Start with an easy, homemade marinade. End with perfection. Malaysian-inspired salmon feels the heat from ginger and red and black pepper, balanced by tangy soy sauce and a pop of citrus from fresh lime. Add a side of grilled bok choy for one bold finish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 30 minutes refrigeration
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
All You Need
- ¼ cup (50 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp tsp (7 mL) Club House Coarse Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Sesame Seed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 ½ lb (750 g) salmon fillet
Mix all ingredients except salmon in small bowl. Reserve 3 tbsp (45 mL). Brush remaining marinade on top of salmon. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Place salmon, skin-side down, on grill. Cover. Grill about 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved marinade halfway through and during last few minutes of cooking. To remove salmon from grill, slide a long spatula between skin and flesh of cooked salmon, leaving skin behind.
Test Kitchen Tip: For even cooking, choose a salmon fillet that is closest to the head of the salmon. The fillet will be thicker and wider.