Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon & Blue Cheese
Soak it all in. With zesty marinated cabbage steaks. La Grille Smouldering Smoked Applewood Seasoning adds bold flavour to this veggie-forward main or side. “Beef” up hearty cabbage slices with crispy, crumbled bacon, blue cheese and green onion toppers. Tasty!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes refrigeration
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
All You Need
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House La Grille Smouldering Smoked Applewood Seasoning
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 green cabbage, cut into ¾-inch (2 cm) thick slices (about 6 steaks)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced green onions
Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
Mix seasoning, oil, vinegar, syrup and reserved bacon drippings in small bowl until well blended. Reserved 1 tbsp (15 mL) marinade. Place cabbage steaks in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well.
Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavour. Remove cabbage steaks from marinade. Reserve any leftover marinade.
Grill cabbage steaks over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes per side or until tender-crisp, brushing with leftover marinade. Serve cabbage steaks topped with blue cheese, bacon and green onions
Drizzle cabbage with reserved marinade.