Brazilian Meat Skewers
Is your grill ready for the excitement and fun of Brazil? We think so. Brazilian Meat Skewers are popular in churrascarias – or Brazilian barbecue restaurants. Recreate the meal in your own backyard. Marinate pork and steak in this zesty, garlic-cilantro mixture. Skewer. Grill. Devour. Repeat. And serve with a side of Red Chimichurri Sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 10 minutes refrigeration
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Oregano Leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) McCormick Gourmet Cilantro Leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House La Grille Spicy Pepper Medley Seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 lb (500 g) pork tenderloin or steak, cut into 1 ½ -inch (3.5 cm) cubes
Mix oregano, cilantro, garlic, seasoning, cumin, paprika, oil, water and vinegar in small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup (50 mL) for brushing. Place meat in resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well.
Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavour. Remove meat from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread meat onto skewers.
Grill skewers over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is cooked to desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade.
Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with meat. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.
Tip: Serve Brazilian Meat Skewers with Creamy Green Chile Cilantro Sauce, Guava Mango Ají Amarillo Sauce, Red Chimichurri Sauce or Grilled Tomato Coconut BBQ Sauce.