All You Need
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1 cup (250 mL) each diced potato, carrot, onion and celery
- 4 cups (1 L) Kitchen Basics Original Beef Cooking Stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Club House La Grille Vintage Smokehouse with Honey BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
Form ground beef into 2 hamburger patties and grill on medium heat until an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) is reached. Let burgers cool and dice into ½-in (1 cm) pieces.
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and vegetables and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add beef stock, diced hamburger and BBQ sauce; bring to a boil.
Mix cornstarch in water and whisk mixture into boiling soup; simmer for 30 minutes.
Chef’s Tip: This soup is a great way to use up leftover hamburger patties or meatloaf.