All You Need
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Coarse Grind Black Pepper, divided
- 3 1/2 tsp (17 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) granulated sugar
- 5 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping (35%) cream or butter
- 1 pkg (25 g) Club House Gluten-Free Gravy Mix for Turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
Cut turkey in half lengthwise at thinner side like an open book; sprinkle with ½ tsp (2 mL) salt and ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper. Heat large skillet over medium heat; add 2 tsp (10 mL) oil and cook turkey until browned and almost cooked through, turning once, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Gravy: Wipe skillet and heat remaining 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) oil over medium heat; add onion, ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt, ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper, sugar and cook, stirring until golden and caramelized, 12-14 minutes, adding water and scraping up bottom of pan if becoming dry.
Add mushrooms, thyme and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add wine and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cream.
Stir in gravy mix, water and cook for 1 minute. Return turkey and juices to pan and continue to cook until juices run clear when turkey is pierced or meat thermometer registers 165°F to 170°F (73°C to 77°C), 4-5 minutes.
Thinly slice turkey and arrange on each slice of bread; spoon gravy over top.