All You Need
- 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) medium asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Garlic Salt
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Ground Cayenne Pepper
Wash asparagus and break off stalks as far down as they snap easily, about 1-2 in (2.5-4 cm) from ends. Arrange asparagus in single layer on large foil-lined baking pan. Drizzle asparagus with oil and roll to coat.
Broil asparagus 4-6 minutes or until tender-crisp, turning once. Place in serving dish.
Mix butter, garlic salt, nutmeg and red pepper. Pour over asparagus.
Garnish with ¼ cup (60 mL) toasted pine nuts, if desired. Asparagus may also be roasted in the oven. Roast in preheated 425°F (220°C) oven 10 minutes or until tender-crisp.