All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped spanish onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced button mushrooms
- package (30 g) Club House Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne Flavourful Recipe Mix
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- can (796 mL) crushed tomatoes
- can (796 mL) diced tomatoes with juice
In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté onion and mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
Add Club House Creamy Parmesan & Sundried Tomato Chicken Penne Flavourful Recipe Mix, tomato paste, chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add crushed tomato and diced tomato. Bring sauce to a boil, then lower to medium-low heat. Cover and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring periodically.
Tip: Suitable for freezing or canning. Use tomato sauce in dishes such as chicken or veal parmesan, lasagna or Spanish rice.