All You Need
- 1 pkg (36 g) Swiss Chalet 25% Less Salt Dipping Sauce Mix
- 4 cups (1 L) water, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced onion
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced mushroom
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- ½ cup (125 mL) Arborio rice
- 1/3 lb (150 g) cooked rotisserie chicken, diced (about 1 ½ cups/375 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Parmesan cheese, to garnish
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together sauce mix and 2 cups (500 mL) water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer to reduce to 1 ½ cups (375 mL), about 10 minutes.
Add remaining 2 cups (500 mL) water, bring back to simmer, then set aside and keep warm.
Heat oil in another large saucepan on medium-high. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and rice and stir thoroughly, cooking for 1 minute.
Add dipping sauce to rice one ladle full at a time, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Continue until the dipping sauce is finished, cooking for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Add the rotisserie chicken, butter and parmesan (if using); stir well.