All You Need
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry macaroni
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced celery
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 pkg (51 g) Swiss Chalet 25% Less Salt Homestyle Gravy Mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ lb (250 g) cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded (about ½ chicken, 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 tbsps (30 mL) pickled sliced jalapenos, quartered, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and celery; sauté until onions are translucent, 3-4 minutes.
Add water and gravy mix to vegetables; stir well and bring to simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat, add cooked pasta, chicken, 1 ½ cups (375 mL) cheese and jalapenos (if using). Stir well and pour into an oven safe 9x13-in (22x33 cm) casserole dish. Top with remaining ½ cup (125 mL) cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.