All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced ginger root
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- 1 pkg (400 g) peeled, cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (160 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped frozen spinach, thawed
Heat oil in large Dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until softened, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, ginger and cook, stirring for 1 minute, stirring in some water if browning quickly.
Stir in cumin, salt, coriander, red pepper and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in potatoes and 1 cup (250 mL) water, scraping bottom of pan. Stir chickpeas and coconut milk. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
Add honey and spinach and simmer until heated through, 3 minutes. Transfer to bowls and top with cilantro.
Tip: Use a food processor to chop onions to save time and unwanted tears.
Tip: Serve over cooked basmati rice or quinoa.
Tip: Use a microplane or a garlic press for mess-free, quick mincing. Or use Club House Prepared Minced Garlic.
Tip: Indian spices develop and improve with time. Make this the night before; reheat, adding spinach the last few minutes.