All You Need
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) Club House La Grille* Montreal Steak Rub Marinade
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- 4 beef steak, about 4 oz (125g) each
- 1 large red onion, cut in four 1/2 inch (1 cm) slices
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, cut in 1/2 inch (1 cm) slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
Combine rub and lemon zest. Spread over both sides of meat. Let stand 5 minutes. Cover and grill beef over medium heat, turning once for 10 to 15 minutes or to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
While steaks are grilling, brush onions and mushrooms lightly with olive oil and grill along with the steaks brushing them with oil and turning as needed until tender.
To serve, put steak on plate and top with mushrooms and an onion slice.
· Use your favourite steaks. Strip loin and T-bone taste great.
· Secure onion slice with a skewer to keep rings in place.