Sriracha Lime Cornbread Waffles
Inspired by the flair and ingenuity of food truck culture, try these savoury sriracha lime cornbread waffles any time of day. If you're feeling particularly daring, create a wafflewich and stuff it with fried chicken. We won't judge (but we may ask for a bite).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn meal
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Signature Blend Sriracha and Lime Seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted and slightly cooled
Preheat waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
Whisk together corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sriracha lime seasoning in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Grease waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions and cook batter in waffle maker in batches.
Serve waffles warm or at room temperature, topped with yogurt, sour cream, fried eggs, salsa, guacamole, blue cheese, butter or fried chicken.