All You Need
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) blanched almonds or slivered almonds
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground Cloves
- 4 squares unsweeted or semi-sweet baking chocolate (4oz/115g), chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) kirsch or water
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
Place almonds, 1 cup (250 mL) of the sugar, cinnamon and cloves in food processor; cover. Process just until nuts are finely ground. Add chocolate; cover. Process until chocolate is finely grated, but not melted. Add egg whites and kirsch; cover. Process just until dough clings together.
Place remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-in (2.5 cm) balls (dough will be sticky). Roll balls in sugar to coat. Place about 2 in (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Using the bottom of a glass, flatten balls to about 1/4-in (0.5 cm) thickness.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set but centers remain moist. Do not overbake. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.