All You Need
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 McCormick Gourmet Bay Leaf
- 1 lb (500 g) carrots, peeled and cut into thin coins (approx. 4 cups/1 L)
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) Club House Paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 L) Kitchen Basics Unsalted Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Paprika
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) baby arugula
Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, turning until crisp, 4-5 minutes. Remove to plate, let cool slightly and crumble.
Add onion, leek and bay leaf to the same saucepan and cook, stirring until softened, 7-8 minutes. Stir in carrots, salt, paprika, red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
Stir in water and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, 11-12 minutes. Remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Using immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Reheat over low heat.
To serve, divide soup among bowls. Sprinkle with bacon, paprika and top with arugula.