All You Need
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) chicken drumsticks
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) Club House La Grille Smokehouse Maple Rub Marinade, divided
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) each pearl onions and quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) red wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Rice Flour
In a medium bowl, combine chicken drumsticks with 3 tbsp (45 mL) rub marinade and marinate for 30 minutes.
On a medium heat grill, cook drumsticks on all sides for 7 minutes making sure to obtain good grill marks and making sure not to burn chicken.
In a medium saucepan on high heat, sauté bacon, pearl onions and mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add remaining rub marinade, tomatoes, chicken stock and grilled chicken drumsticks.
Combine red wine and rice flour. Add to the above mixture; stir well. Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat and place into a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven. Cook for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
Serve over your favorite pasta.