All You Need
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) lean ground beef
- 2 packages (42 g each) Slow Cookers Beef Stroganoff Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1/3 cup (82 1/2 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 8 pieces cocktail Bocconcini cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto, cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) each sliced red onions and red peppers
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 can (796 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped garlic in oil
Combine ground beef with 1 package of seasoning, bread crumbs and egg. Set aside.
Wrap each piece of Bocconcini cheese with prosciutto.
With the meat mixture, make 8 meatballs, about 100 g (3.5 oz) each, placing a Bocconcini prosciutto ball in the middle of each.
Place meat balls in slow cooker. Arrange onions and peppers on top.
Stir together water, diced tomato, garlic and remaining 1 package of seasoning; pour over meat and vegetables.
Cover. Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.