All You Need
- 4 pieces lamb shank (approx. 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) each diced carrots and white onions
- 1 cup (250 mL) ½-in (1 cm) sliced okra, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped garlic in oil
- can (28 fl oz/796 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- package (42 g) Slow Cookers Caribbean Style Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sear lamb shanks until all sides are browned.
Place lamb in slow cooker.
Arrange vegetables on top of meat.
Stir together water, garlic, diced tomatoes and seasoning; pour over meat and vegetables.
Cover. Cook 10 hours on low or 6 hours on high.