All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) each diced yellow peppers, red peppers and onions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 6 pieces whole chicken leg, thigh separated from drumstick (approx. 2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Corn Starch
- 3 cups (750 mL) Kitchen Basics No Salt Added Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped garlic in oil
- can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- package (42 g) Slow Cookers Caribbean Style Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
Place vegetables in slow cooker.
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sear chicken thighs until all sides are browned.
Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
Mix corn starch with stock. Stir together stock, black beans, garlic and seasoning; pour over meat and vegetables.
Cover. Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.