All You Need
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 McCormick Gourmet Bay Leaves
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 pkg (37 g) Club House Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (156 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Chili Powder
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) cooked short pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 12 slices bread
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, softened
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, bay leaf and cook, stirring until softened, 5 minutes. Add beef and cook, breaking up with wooden spoon until browned, 10 minutes.
Stir in seasoning, tomato paste, chili powder and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Remove bay leaf and stir in pasta.
Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. Top unbuttered side with beef mixture, cheese and top with bread. Cook in skillet on medium heat, 3 minutes each side until golden brown.
Tip: Spice it up with pickled jalapenos or your favourite hot sauce.
Tip: Omit pasta and spread over prepared pizza dough for a sloppy pie.