All You Need
- 2 Italian sausages
- 2 cup (500 mL) Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Cooking Stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pkg (238 mL) Club House Sicilian Chicken with Tomato and Herbs Skillet Sauce
- 1 pkg (5 oz) baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 lb (250 g) dry linguini, cooked according to package directions
Bring stock to a boil. Add sausages and poach for 15 minutes; remove.
Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Add sausage and cook until browned; remove and set aside.
Heat remaining olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until lightly caramelized. Add mushrooms, olives and tomatoes; cook 3 minutes. Add the skillet sauce and simmer 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Add cooked linguini to sauce to heat through.
To serve, slice the sausage diagonally and place on top of a bed of linguini.