All You Need
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- Recipe for the icing
- 13 drops Club House Green Food Colour
- 2 tsps (10 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
Mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and nutmeg. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well mixed. Refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out dough on lightly floured surface (see Chef’s Tip) to 1/8-in (0.25 cm) thickness. Cut out dough with shamrock cookie cutter. Place on greased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
For the Icing, mix green food colour and milk in small bowl. Add icing sugar, stirring until colour is evenly distributed and icing is smooth. To decorate cookies, hold cookie by its edge and dip top of cookie into icing. (Or spoon the icing onto cookie using a teaspoon.) Place glazed cookies on wire rack set over foil-covered baking sheet to dry.
Chef’s Tip Mix ¼ cup (50 mL) flour and ¼ cup (50 mL) icing sugar to use for dusting surface.