All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Seasoned Salt
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) Club House Ground Nutmeg
- 1 whole turkey (12 to 14 lbs/6-7 kg), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 6 bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Place roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix poultry seasoning, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl.
Rinse turkey; pat dry. Place turkey, breast side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle about half of the seasoning mixture inside of turkey. Stuff with onion and bay leaves. Brush turkey breast with oil. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add ½ cup (125 mL) water to pan. Cover loosely with heavy duty foil.
Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2 ½ hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 185°F (85°C), basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to a platter or carving board to slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
Tip For easy cleanup, line roasting pan with heavy duty foil.