All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each olive oil and butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each sliced red peppers and onions
- 2 cups (500 mL) roughly chopped green kale
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Club House La Grille Smoky Cedar & Ale Rub Marinade, divided
- 2 lbs (1 kg) fresh salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- Butcher’s twine
In a medium sauté pan on medium high heat, add oil, butter, peppers and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add kale and 1 tbsp (15 mL) rub marinade; mix well and let cool completely.
Using a long sharp knife, butterfly the salmon lengthwise (see tip below). In a small bowl mix remaining rub marinade with water and brush ½ of mixture onto the inside of the salmon. Place cooled stuffing in middle of salmon and spread evenly. Roll up salmon into a pinwheel. Tie with butcher’s twine. Brush remaining mixture over entire outside of pinwheel.
On a medium heat grill, cook salmon on all sides for 10 minutes making sure to obtain good grill marks but not to burn the fish.
Chef’s Tip Make sure the fish is thick enough to butterfly. Ask your local fish monger to butterfly the fish for you as this can be a difficult task.