All You Need
- 1 whole turkey (12 – 14 lb/5.5 – 6.5 kg), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Ground Sage
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Seasoned Salt
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Place turkey on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with oil. Mix sage, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the seasoning mixture inside turkey. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) water to pan. Cover loosely with heavy duty foil.
Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 185°F (85°C), basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to platter or carving board and slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
Tips Place 1 large onion, quartered, and 3 Club House Bay Leaves in turkey cavity before roasting. Flavor Variations: Italian Herb Roasted Turkey: Prepare as directed, using 1 tsp (5 mL) each Club House Basil Leaves, Rosemary Leaves, roughly chopped, and Ground Thyme in place of the Ground Sage. Savory Roasted Turkey: Prepare as directed, using 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Poultry Seasoning in place of the Ground Sage.