All You Need
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House Imitation Rum Extract
- 2/3 cup (165 mL) whipping (35%) cream
Combine all ingredients, except whipping cream, in a 2-quart (2 L) saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (5-8 minutes).
Cool 5 minutes; stir in whipping cream.
Serve with Chocolate Orange Pecan Tart.
Chef’s Tips: Sauce can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to 10 days in an airtight container. Use this sauce as a topping for fruit, ice cream, pancakes, your favourite coffee cake or banana bread.