All You Need
- 4 cups (1 L) whole milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 10 oz (315 g) semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Red Food Colour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- Recipe for Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
For the hot chocolate, place milk and granulated sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate with wire whisk until melted. Stir in food colour and vanilla. Pour into serving cups. Serve with marshmallows and vanilla whipped cream, if desired.
For the vanilla whipped cream, beat whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.