Pumpkin Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
Treat your Thanksgiving guests to something a little different with this scrumptious pumpkin cake roll. Be sure to keep the leftovers in the freezer for a quick, ready-to-go dessert.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 2 3/4 tsps (13 mL) Club House Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- icing sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter 15 x 10 x 1-in (38 x 25 x 2 cm) baking pan. Line pan with wax paper; butter paper. Mix granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, 2 tsp (10 mL) of the pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Stir in eggs and pumpkin until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place clean kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tbsp (30 mL) confectioners' sugar. Loosen cake around sides of pan with small knife. Turn out onto sugared towel, wax paper-side up. Fold 1 side of towel over short side of cake, then roll up cake jelly-roll style. Cool cake completely.
Mix cream cheese, 1 cup (250 mL) confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and remaining 3/4 tsp (3 mL) pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl until well blended and smooth. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Unroll cake onto towel. Peel off wax paper. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake. Using towel, roll up cake and place seam-side down on serving platter. Trim ends of cake.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle cake with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving.