All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 4 each spicy gluten-free Italian sausages, sliced 1-in (2.5 cm), casing removed
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced assorted peppers
- 2 cups (500 mL) halved button mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) each julienned red onions and chopped asparagus spears
- 1 container (110 g) Club House Spicy Seasoning for Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 cans (398 mL) no salt added tomato sauce
In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil and sauté Italian sausage until fully cooked. Remove excess fat from pan and reserve cooked sausage.
In a pot, heat remaining olive oil and sauté mushrooms, peppers, onions and asparagus for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add seasoning and sauté for 1 minute.
Add tomato sauce, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add cooked sausage and simmer sauce for another 5 minutes.