All You Need
- 3 Yukon potatoes, scrubbed, dried and cut into ½-inch (1.25 cm) thick pieces
- 2 small onions, peeled, halved and quartered
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Smoked Sea Salt Grinder, divided
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder (coarsely ground), divided
- ½ tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Paprika, divided
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) Club House La Grille Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 whole chicken (1.5 kg)
Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
Place potatoes and onions on rimmed baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt, pepper and paprika.
Combine chicken seasoning, remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt, pepper and paprika in a small bowl.
Place chicken breast down. Cut chicken down each side of backbone with kitchen shears; remove backbone. Turn breast side up; press firmly on breastbone to flatten and place on rimmed baking sheet.
Drizzle remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil; sprinkle seasoning mixture over top. Place on top of potatoes, skin side up. Roast until chicken thigh reads 185˚F (85˚C) about 45 minutes.
Tip! Reserve backbone, freeze and use for chicken stock.
Tip! Insert instant-read thermometer on thickest part of thigh for accurate temperature.
Tip! To save time, look for packaged flattened chicken with backbone removed.