All You Need
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) cubed stewing beef
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each Club House Ground Cumin, Club House Ground Ginger and Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 10 dried apricots
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) water, divided
- 1 pkg (34 g) Club House Demi-Glace Gravy Mix with La Grille Spicy Pepper Medley Flavour
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Mix beef, cumin, cinnamon, and ginger in large bowl.
Heat oil in large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes. Stir in beef, garlic and sauté 3 minutes. Add chickpeas, carrots, apricots, and 1 ¾ cups (425 mL) water. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered about 1 ¼ hours or until tender.
Combine gravy mix with ½ cup (125 mL) water and add to stew. Continue to simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
Serve with cilantro.
Tip: Let spices and flavours meld overnight, reheat and serve next day over rice or couscous.