All You Need
- 1 sheet (half of 450 g package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled and diced McIntosh apples
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsps (10 mL) walnut pieces
- 4 tsps (20 mL) raisins
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Maple Extract, Imitation
- 0 Icing sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll out sheet of puff pastry and cut into six 4-in (10 cm) rounds. Place puff pastry rounds into greased muffin tins.
In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, melt butter; add apples and sauté 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium. Add granulated sugar, walnuts and raisins; sauté 5 minutes. Add extract and stir to combine.
Fill each pastry round with approximately 3 tbsp (45 mL) of apple mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed at edges and golden in colour.
Remove from oven and let tarts cool in the pan for a few minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Chef’s Tip: Try replacing the apples with pears, peaches or any seasonal fruit.