All You Need
- 1/3 cup (82 1/2 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1 loaf of bread, cut in 1 in (2 cm) slices
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup (187 1/2 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Maple Extract, Imitation
Prepare one day ahead.
Lightly grease 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) baking dish. Set aside. In small bowl, cream together butter and Ground Cinnamon. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Tightly line bottom of baking dish with single layer of bread, buttered side up. Top with second layer of bread, buttered side down. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and Imitation Maple Extract until sugar is dissolved. Slowly pour mixture over entire surface of bread. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Remove baking dish from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Bake uncovered 35 – 45 minutes or until golden and centre is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.