All You Need
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- pkg (28 g) Club House Lemon Thyme Pork Flavourful Recipe Mix
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) billy bee honey
- whole chicken, about 3 lb (1.4 kg)
- 1 cup (250 mL) each cubed onion and carrot
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed potatoes
In small bowl, combine butter, Club House Lemon Thyme Pork Flavourful Recipe Seasoning Mix and honey. Mix well.
Using your fingers, beginning at the breast, gently separate skin from chicken, ensuring not to tear the skin. Continue around to the thighs and legs.
Rub the seasoned butter mixture under the skin over the entire chicken. You can also rub the seasoned butter on the outside of the chicken.
Arrange the onions, carrots and potatoes in the bottom of a roasting pan, and place chicken on top of vegetables. Roast at 375°F (190°C) about 1½ hours or until thermometer placed in thickest part of thigh, reaches 170°F (77°C).
Baste chicken every 30 minutes with juices from the bottom of the pan.
Serve roasted vegetables from the bottom of pan along with the chicken.