All You Need
- 3/4 cup (187 1/2 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Potato Starch
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 1/2 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
Combine sugar, Club House Potato Starch and salt.
Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice and vegetable oil.
Lightly beat egg yolks, then stir in milk. Add to lemon mixture and mix well.
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into lemon mixture.
Pour into 1-quart (1 L) baking dish. Place baking dish into larger pan containing 1-inch (2.5 cm) hot water. Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for about 45 minutes or until cake is tender. (Two layers form, cake and pudding.) Serve warm or cooled.