All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Oregano Leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Onion Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Black Pepper
- 1 boneless beef rib roast, approximately 5-6 lb (2.5-3 kg)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Set aside. Trim excess fat from beef, leaving a layer of fat about ¼-inch (0.5 cm) thick. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush beef with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Coat with seasoning mixture.
Roast, uncovered until internal temperature reaches 130°F (54°C) for medium-rare (1 ¾ to 2 ¼ hours), or 140°F (60°C) for medium (2 ¼ hours to 2 ¾ hours). Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving. (The temperature of the meat will rise during standing.
Chef’s Tip: Begin checking internal temperature of roast with meat thermometer 30 minutes before estimated end cook time.