Hearty Beef and Lentil Soup
Nothing warms the soul like a bowlful of this hearty soup served with a side of crusty bread. The long simmer in your slow cooker allows for the flavours to really blend and for the beef to become mouthwateringly tender.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) lean, boneless stewing beef, cut into ½ in (1 cm) cubes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) each diced onions, celery, carrots, zucchini and leeks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry brown lentils rinsed and drained
- can (19 fl oz / 540 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) water
- 1 pouch (42 g) Club House Slow Cookers Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
Stir all ingredients into slow cooker.
Cover. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
Stir before serving.