All You Need
- 5 cups (1250 mL) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (187 1/2 mL) pot or pearl barley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb (250 g) small mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- Club House Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pinch Club House Ground Thyme
- 0 salt and pepper, to taste
In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to boil over medium high heat.Stir in barley, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms with Club House Garlic Powder 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring often.
Add mushrooms, carrots, Club House Bay Leaf and Ground Thyme to chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until carrots and barley are tender.
Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste.