Grilled Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Stuffed with juicy mushrooms, onions and peppers infused with the flavours of smoky maple, these pork tenderloin pinwheels are both visually impressive and absolutely delicious.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) each sliced crimini, enoki, king and shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each sliced onions and red peppers
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Club House La Grille Smokehouse Maple Rub Marinade, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced day-old bread
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced green onions
- 1 lb (500 g) pork tenderloin
- 2 tsps (10 mL) vegetable oil, for grilling
- Butcher’s twine
In a medium sauté pan on medium-high heat, add butter, mushrooms, onions and peppers; cook 3 minutes.
Add 3 tbsp (45 mL) rub marinade and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add bread and green onions. Mix well and let cool completely.
Butterfly the pork tenderloin and use a mallet to pound the meat to 1-in (2.5 cm) thickness
Brush the inside of the meat with 1 tsp (5 mL) of rub marinade.
Place stuffing in the centre of the tenderloin and distribute evenly over entire surface.
Roll up tenderloin into a pinwheel shape, making sure to fold in ends. Tie with butcher’s twine.
Brush meat with oil and place on a medium heat grill; cook on all sides until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
In the last 5 minutes of cooking, baste meat with remaining rub marinade.