All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) billy bee honey
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) sweet white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 lbs (1000 g) chicken pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House La Grille* Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) billy bee honey, warmed
Caramelized Onions: In large frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often for about 10 minutes until transparent. Stir in honey. Cook 3 minutes longer until onions are caramel coloured. Whisk wine and mustard together until smooth. Stir into onions. Cook 2 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Keep warm.
Chicken: Brush olive oil over chicken pieces. Sprinkle generously with seasoning. Let stand 5 minutes. Place chicken skin side up on greased grill over medium heat. Cover and grill 15 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally until no longer pink at centre of thickest part or an internal temperature of 170°F is reached. Remove from grill. Immediately brush with honey. Serve chicken on caramelized onions.
· Grilling time will vary with type and thickness of chicken pieces.
· Use drumsticks, thighs or breasts. Choose pieces of equal size for even cooking.