Green with Envy Cheesecake Bars
Three delectable layers make one scrumptious dessert! These rich cheesecake bars are great for entertaining — they won't last long once you set them out!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 24 servings
All You Need
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 3 packages (250 g each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Peppermint & Mint Extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Green Food Colour
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of foil-lined 9-in (23 cm) square baking pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream and extract; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour ½ of the batter over crust. Tint remaining batter green with food colour. Pour over batter in pan.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until centre is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into bars. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate. Store leftover bars in refrigerator.