All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) dried, large lima beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each finely chopped carrot, onion and celery
- 796 mL diced plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (82 1/2 mL) each tomato paste and water
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Club House Greek Signature Blend
Soak lima beans overnight. Drain, rinse, and drain.
In large pot, add beans with fresh water to cover. Cook until soft, 1 to 1 ¼ hours. Drain.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrot, onion and celery and sauté 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water and Club House Greek Signature Blend.
Stir in cooked lima beans.
Transfer to lightly greased 9 x 13 in (22 x 34 cm) baking dish and bake, uncovered at 325° F (160° C) for 1 hour.