All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) Club House Rice Flour
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 squares, bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (2 oz/56g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips (FILLING)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract (FILLING)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipping cream (filling)
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream (frosting)
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips (FROSTING)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract (FROSTING)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
Sift Club House Rice Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into medium bowl; stir to mix.
In large bowl, beat butter until creamy using an electric mixer. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in eggs. Beat in sour cream and sugar Club House Pure Vanilla Extract until well combined.
Mix in dry ingredients, alternating with milk until well blended. Fold in finely chopped chocolate. Divide batter between cake pans. Bake for 35-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Invert onto wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Whipped Cream Filling:
Combine chocolate chips and cream in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat stirring constantly until chocolate is completely melted. Refrigerate until completely cooled, at least 2 hours, stirring frequently. Beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
Bring cream to a boil over medium-low heat in a small saucepan, until bubbles begin to form around the edges. Pour over chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and glossy. Refrigerate until thick and spreadable, about 1.5 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.