All You Need
- 1 package (515 g) chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 bottle (28 mL) Club House Green Food Colour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 container (340 g) cream cheese frosting or vanilla cream cheese frosting (see chef’s tips for recipe)
- Cake Mate Green Décor, Green Gel and Green Icing, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food colour, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with green sprinkles, gel and icing, if desired
Chef’s Tips: To make vanilla cream cheese frosting: Beat 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, softened, ¼ cup (50 mL) butter, softened, 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream and 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 lb (500 g) icing sugar until smooth. Makes 2 ½ cups (625 mL). Stir ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Pure Mint & Peppermint Extract and ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Green Food Colour into canned cream cheese frosting or Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.