All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Peppermint & Mint Extract
- 6 oz (175 g) semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate.
Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2-in (5 cm) apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
Bake 8-10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Chef’s Tips: • Prepare as directed, using 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips in place of the baking chocolate. Add 1 cup (250 mL) chopped walnuts, if desired. • Use 1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate chips in place of the walnuts.