All You Need
- 1 3/4 cups (437 1/2 mL) very finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) whipping (35%) cream, divided
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Pure Orange Extract
- 16 oz (454 g) dark chocolate
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- recipe Rum Caramel Sauce
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For the crust, stir together pecans, butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
Firmly press mixture into 10-in (25 cm) tart pan with a removable bottom, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Place tart pan onto baking sheet.
Meanwhile, heat 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream in 2-quart (2 L) saucepan over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil (5-8 minutes). Remove from heat; add orange extract. Stir in chocolate until completely melted (2-3 minutes). Pour mixture into cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
Just before serving, beat ½ cup (125 mL) whipping cream in a small bowl at high speed, scraping the bowl often. Beat to soft peaks; add vanilla extract and continue beating to stiff peaks. Garnish tart with whipped cream. Serve with warm Rum Caramel Sauce.
Chef’s Tip: Make tart the day ahead. Remove from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, allowing it to come to room temperature.