All You Need
- 4 tsps (20 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch /1 cm thick), trimmed of fat
- 1 cup (250 mL) long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) chopped bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 341 mL corn niblets
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli florets**
In skillet, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil over medium-high heat, add pork chops and brown 2-3 minutes per side.
Sprinkle rice in bottom of lightly greased 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) baking dish. Place browned pork chops in single layer over rice. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat remaining vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes until soft.
Mix flour, Club House Curry Powder and Garlic Powder with chicken broth and add to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes until sauce is thickened. Stir in milk and corn.
Pour over pork. Cover with foil.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 45 minutes or until pork chops and rice are tender.
**Add broccoli during last 10 minutes of cooking.