All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onions
- 3 cups (750 mL) deseeded roasted red peppers and Kitchen Basics No Salt Added Vegetable Cooking Stock
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1/3 cup (82 1/2 mL) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup (82 1/2 mL) Club House Tuscan-Inspired Tomato & Herb Signature Blend
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream (optional)
In a large saucepan on medium high heat, add oil and onions; sauté 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except cream. Bring just to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add cream; simmer for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
Carefully purée soup in a blender in small batches and serve.
Chef’s Tip: Try using any grilled vegetable in place of or in combination with roasted red peppers.