All You Need
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) raisins
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) orange zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground Allspice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Pure Almond Extract
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) salt
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix apples, cranberries, walnuts, 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the sugar, raisins, orange peel and allspice in large bowl. Spread mixture evenly in bottom of buttered 9-in (23 cm) deep-dish pie plate. Set aside.
For the topping, place egg, flour, melted butter, remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar, extracts and salt in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon batter evenly over fruit mixture.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is brown and a toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.