Coq au Vin
From the Burgundy region of France, this dish of wine-braised chicken and mushrooms comes together in the slow cooker to make a divine meal to come home to.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- 1 cup (250 mL) each sliced mushrooms, celery and carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced onion
- 2 lbs (1000 g) skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry red wine
- 1 can (19 fl oz / 540 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 pouch (42 g) Club House Slow Cookers Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Rosemary Leaves
Add vegetables to slow cooker and arrange chicken on top.
In bowl, combine wine, tomatoes, seasoning mix and rosemary. Pour all over chicken and vegetables.
Cover. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
Stir before serving.